Paul R. Coble
Prior to joining the Law Office of Jones and Mayer, Mr. Coble was a partner at Mayer & Coble, a firm specializing in City Prosecutor services and in providing counsel to police and sheriff's offices. With a background as deputy city attorney for the Santa Ana Police Department and with 21 years at the Los Angeles Police Department, Mr. Coble brings a focus on labor, employment and tort defense to the civil practice of Jones & Mayer.
In addition to a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice and his Juris Doctor with an emphasis in labor and employment, Mr. Coble holds a Master of Science degree in Public Administration with an emphasis in public personnel administration.
As a captain in the LAPD, Coble served as the Employee Relations Administrator and acted as management representative to 17 collective bargaining units representing over 10,000 employees. Mr. Coble acted as an advisor to the Chief of Police and senior city management in his capacity as a Santa Ana deputy city attorney.
He has written numerous articles for publications such as The Journal of California Law Enforcement and California Peace Officer Magazine. Those include "To Ride or Not to Ride," and "Performance Reviews - Avoiding the Halo Effect." He is a frequent and sought-after lecturer and trainer on issues of police standard of conduct, civil rights liability, discipline, and performance review. He has drafted and published several policy and procedure manuals.
Mr. Coble holds admissions to the Courts of California, the Federal District Courts for the Central and Eastern Districts of California, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. He holds professional affiliations with several organizations including The International Association of Chiefs of Police, the California State Sheriff's Association and the California Police Officers Association. He is counsel to the Law Enforcement Intelligence Unit Foundation, and served multiple terms as a member of the Sexual Misconduct Oversight Review Board for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange.
Mr. Coble serves out of our Roseville, California office.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 1986
- Master of Science, California State University at Los Angeles, Public Administration, 1977
- B.A., San Jose State College, San Jose, 1970
- California Supreme Court
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central and Eastern Districts of California
- Labor & Employment
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- California State Sheriffs’ Association
- California Police Officers’ Association
KEEP IN TOUCH
NEED ADVICE?CONTACT US TODAY