Ms. Raven has experience representing private businesses and a variety of governmental entities, including, cities, counties, planning commissions, code enforcement, special districts (transportation commissions, fire protection, healthcare, vector control, community college, and water) and joint powers authorities. Ms. Raven’s practices transactional law and litigation, with an emphasis on drafting, negotiating, and litigating a variety of contracts, including, all types of comprehensive public works construction contracts, and agreements related to intellectual property, professional services, product licensing, software licenses, operation and maintenance, settlements, franchises, wireless communication, memorandums of understanding, exclusive rights, disposition and development of land, leases, land use, and the like. She proficiently identifies and resolves problems and complex litigation issues involving contract disputes and tort claims against government entities. She regularly researches and drafts legal memoranda, opinions, articles, briefs, motions, policies/procedures, reports, ordinances, resolutions, and municipal codes.
Ms. Raven regularly provides advice to public entity boards, commissions, staff, and city councils. She provides legal review and guidance on public policies and procedures and public statements by government officials. She offers guidance to clients on state and federal law, policy and procedure, property acquisition, regulatory compliance, land use and planning, public works contracting, privacy regulations and business, free speech and constitutional issues, election and campaign issues, conflicts of interest, ethics compliance, water law, Brown Act, Political Reform Act, Public Records Act, California Government Code, California Public Utilities Code, California Public Contracts Code, and the California Environmental Quality Act.
- California (SBN 243017)
- U.S. District Courts for all Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, California, Juris Doctor with Distinction, May 2005
- University of California, Riverside, Riverside, California , Bachelor of Arts, Cooperative Major: History, Law & Society, 1998
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Riverside County Barristers, Women in Transportation (Law) Seminar
- Inland Empire Latino Lawyers Association, Inc., a non-profit organization that provides free legal services to the indigent
KEEP IN TOUCH
NEED ADVICE?CONTACT US TODAY