The law firm of Jones & Mayer is devoted to serving public entities throughout California. In that capacity, the firm serves as City Attorney to the cities of Costa Mesa, Fullerton, La Habra, Whittier and Westminster, and as General Counsel to the Gateway Cities Council of Governments (COG). Of equal importance to our practice, the firm provides advice and representation to the law enforcement agencies of cities, counties and the state. Every attorney is dedicated to serving public entities. This work is not simply a "part" of what this firm does; it is what this firm does.
We have been known for our approachability, responsiveness and ability to very effectively operate within a team building environment. Our attorneys pride themselves on their flexibility in responding to our clients' needs and our problem solving attitude with a hands-on style has proven successful in all our communities.
Beyond serving as legal counsel to the public agencies that they represent, our attorneys maintain strong ties to these communities operating as members of board of directors to civic and charitable organizations, attending community functions and making other contributions to civic and charitable organizations.
Our Expertise Includes:
- Advising cities, Joint Power Authorities and other special agencies as general counsel
- Serving as legal counsel to law enforcement agencies throughout the state, as well as the California State Sheriff's Association (CSSA), California Police Chief's Association (CPCA), and California Peace Officers' Association (CPOA)
- Successfully defending cities in litigation involving police use of force, allegations of civil rights violations, dangerous conditions, negligence, condemnation, employment matters, land use, CEQA, public contracting and administrative & traditional petitions for Writ of Mandate
- Serving as City Prosecutor to cities throughout California regarding criminal and civil enforcement of municipal codes including utilization of red light abatement, drug nuisance abatement, receiverships and unfair business practices statutes
- Training and lecturing on employment matters, personnel and labor issues, POBR, California Public Records Act (CPRA), conflicts of interest, internal investigations and Pitchess motions
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Statement
Jones & Mayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions regarding employment, advancement, and retention are based on performance, skills and abilities without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental condition, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, sex or age. The firm values the diverse background of its staff and recognizes that our clients are best served when we are able to gather ideas from skilled employees of differing backgrounds and experience.
KEEP IN TOUCH
NEED ADVICE?CONTACT US TODAY