Denise Rocawich is an Associate in the Litigation Department of the firm. Ms. Rocawich practices in both state and federal court representing various municipalities, and their respective police departments, throughout California.
Prior to joining Jones & Mayer, Ms. Rocawich was an associate in the litigation practice group of Best Best & Krieger LLP representing numerous public entities and their respective police departments in a variety of capacities. Ms. Rocawich graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of LaVerne in 2001 receiving her Bachelor of Arts in political science. She went on to receive her Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, in 2004 graduating in the top 15% of her class. She joined Jones & Mayer in 2010.
Ms. Rocawich's practice includes defense of police officers and police agencies in civil rights actions, such as actions alleging excessive force, drafting of police policy and procedure, defense of Pitchess motions, response to California Public Records Act requests and subpoenas, as well as advising police agencies on daily issues that arise during the course of performing law enforcement duties. Ms. Rocawich also defends public entities in dangerous condition tort litigation and has represented public entities in civil appellate matters.
She is a member of several professional organizations including the California Peace Officers' Association, California Bar Association (Litigation Section), the Federal Bar Association (Inland Empire Chapter), and the American Bar Association (Litigation Section).
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA 2004, Dean's Honor List 2002, 2003 and 2004
- B.A., Political Science, University of La Verne, La Verne, CA 2001
- California Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Municipal Law
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Litigation Section
- Federal Bar Association, Inland Empire Chapter
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- California Peace Officers' Association